Monday, September 11, 2017

Snack Ideas


LOTS of questions I have gotten about what my healthy go-to's are when it comes to snacks! (Yoda...?) I definitely love my snacks and throughout my many munching years, I have developed a few yummy go-to's. Here are some of my favs!

Low calorie "midnight snacking" type of snacks
  • lightly salted rice cake
  • lightly salted rice cake with warm chocolate PB2 drizzled on top (or "slathered" on top if you're me...)
  • apple 
  • cotton candy grapes... 😛😍 or just normal seedless grapes (I love to freeze them!!)
  • 45 cal bread toast with spray butter on top
  • Almond milk smoothies

Healthy every-day "fat burning" type of snacks
  • lightly salted almonds
  • lightly salted cashews (THE BIG BINS FROM COSTCO ARE BAE)
  • chocolate almonds (NOT the chocolate covered ones... Walmart sells a brand that is "chocolate flavored" and they're to die for!)
  • pistachios
  • popcorn (with little to zero butter)
  • apple
  • apple dipped in Sara Natha's maple almond butter 
  • cotton candy grapes... 😛😍 or just normal seedless grapes (I love to freeze them!!)
  • 45 cal bread toast with spray butter on top (or chunky peanut butter)
  • multi grain crackers with sliced turkey on top (or the light/low-fat string cheese on top) (or both)
  • light string cheese
  • lightly salted rice cake topped with chunky peanut butter and jam 
  • roasted chickpeas (the store bought ones are really good but even better, try roasting them on your own without any oil.. yum 👌)
  • Two Moms in the Raw blueberry or cacao nib granola bars
  • Larabars or RX bars
  • reduced sugar chewy granola bars
  • peanut butter ginger chews
  • dark chocolate - in moderation (👈 the moderation part rarely ever happens for me so if I know I am going to scarf it, sometimes I'll just try to completely avoid it!)
  • my homemade oat banana bread :):):):):):) (I love heating it up in the microwave and putting maple almond butter or "I can't Believe it's not Butter" spray butter on top!)
  • CO2's salted caramel coconut chips 
  • Almond milk smoothies (ice+banana+almond milk+cocoa/cacao powder+stevia+pink himalayan sea salt) or (ice+banana+almond milk+PB2 powder+stevia+pink himalayan sea salt)

MY BIG SNACKING TIPS:
-Remember moderation. Too many times I've started snacking, then continued snacking on seconds, then switched to a different snack, then another, then all of a sudden I've eaten the equivalent of an entire meal... plus my stomach hurts.
-Carry a water bottle around!! I notice that when I'm feeling snacky, sometimes I'm actually just thirsty. Now that I carry a water bottle around with me everywhere, I have noticed that my stomach feels satisfied more often!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the tips. I'll be using them!

    ReplyDelete