Friday, August 18, 2017

Before & After

Left: Hawaii summer of 2016
Right: Cruising Europe summer of 2017
These photos are only a year apart but my "health & fitness journey" began 2 years ago when I was starting my freshman year of college. From leaving High School, to now (finishing my 2nd year of college), I have experienced a 25 lb. weight loss... and I'm still eating like a MANIAC!? (I can eat a lot. No joke)

Okay.. no.. I'm not solely promoting weight loss... that's not my overall goal here (even though it can often be a sweet bonus to being educated and living a healthy lifestyle). My goal is to FEEL healthy and energized and happy! On the inside and the outside.

To be honest I was feeling good in my left photo! I was active and exercising often. And no, I don't believe I was even the slightest bit overweight or unhealthy either! What really happened in these past few years is I became educated. I started to learn what different foods do to my body and how I react to various exercises. I've been able to reach my health and fitness goals as I continue to learn!

My trick is a healthy lifestyle, healthy alternatives, & knowing what/how to substitute! 🙌

Do I still eat Mcdonalds cheeseburgers occasionally? Yes
Do I still eat cinnamon rolls? Yes
Do I still have dessert? Yes
Do I still make mistakes and eat five pounds of dark chocolate after dinner sometimes? Yup
Do I really consider that a mistake though? ....

So stay tuned! Cuz I'm going to share EVERYTHING I am doing to stay fit, happy, energized, and healthy!

Also P.S. Can we just take a moment to appreciate my gnarly tan line on that cruise ship photo... And my Mufassa hair/lion's mane? 🐯 Hahah





No comments:

Post a Comment