Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Update: More Pointers & Lots of Pics!!

Hi guys!!

Update: Life is good.

I'm gonna let you in on a few secrets of mine...

  • Find yummy healthy things
  • Pick the healthy(er) option
  • Know your weaknesses
  • Make your own food
  • Love your life

First Que: find yummy healthy things
Any acai bowl/smoothie lovers here? How bout peanut butter lovers? I LOVE ME MY SMOOTHIES AND PEANUT BUTTER!! So obviously combining the two is like a recipe from  heaven.

Below are sneak peaks of things that make me hyperventilate (<-- definitely used spell check on that one). 

The Acai bowl is from a place called Pressed For Juice in Las Vegas. This is evidence that it is possible to eat healthy while on the road on long trips with your fam! Highly HIGHLY suggest this place - this acai bowl has it's thick smoothie base on the bottom, yummy granola and fresh fruit, and its topped with their HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER. Its to die for.

The smoothie is homemade and one of my go-tos!! It's got PB2 powder, cacao powder, pink himalayan sea salt, stevia, 1/2 banana, and ice! 

Moral of the Que: Honestly I'd choose these things over a rich, buttery, pound cake for dessert. Not only do I genuinely think they taste yummier, but they make me feel better, less heavy, happy, and they're better for my body! YASSS. 
    

Second Que: Pick the healthy(er) option
If you're an OG reader here, you might know that I LOVE Malibu Farm in Malibu California. This place has 2 money examples of substituting to still be able to eat the things that you love. 

The first example is their cauliflower crust pizza (YUM). Replacing the crust for a veggie is an awesome healthier option and it tastes sooooooo good. 

The second example is this ice cream. It is vegan, meaning it contains no animal products (i.e. milk, cream, eggs, etc). The fact that this stuff is made out of coconut milk makes it so that it settles well in your stomach, it is healthier for you, and it serves as an awesome delicious alternative to your average ice cream. (BTW this is PB flavored too 😏)
 



















Third Que: Know your weaknesses
My weakness = nuts. All nuts. Pistachios, almonds, cashews, peanut butter (okay overkill on the PB kass...) 

I have very little portion control with these things and  a visual example of this is seen below...
This is my tub of Costco Cashews (my fav) after just over a week....
SO know your weaknesses... because I know I am very susceptible to inhaling these I decided to divide the rest in individual little baggies with reasonable portions. I allowed myself one of these baggies each day so that I didn't sit there mindlessly with the entire tub on my lap and demolish a ton in one sitting. 


Fourth Que: Make your own food
I have realized that when I go out to eat, I can often make the same thing at home but 10x healthier, 10x less calories, and probably 10x yummier... so I started to loove cooking for myself and started to not like eating out as much. Plus I noticed that my self control was lower at restaurants cuz I'd see everything everyone else was eating and want some ice cream too, but I would get frustrated cuz I knew I had 35 calorie ice cream at home.

Tip: Make this at home! Its SOOO GOOD!
Turkey Avo Almond Cran wrap! (50 cal wrap, turkey slices, spring mix, chopped almonds, 1/4 avocado, dried cranberries)

Last Que: Love life!
While yes, it is always good to pick the healthier option and exercise and eat healthy etc. etc. make sure you don't get overly concerned about it. Life is (at least it should be) so simple. Don't spend too much time thinking about it! If you have a bad day and eat 5 slices of pizza and feel sick, get excited to drink a smoothie and eat a salad tomorrow! Or if you drank a smoothie and ate a salad yesterday, treat yoself to pizza! Listen to your body and love life! 










No comments:

Post a Comment